Saturday, March 26, 2011

Theme! Only decision thus far.

Although we have to wait for the summer to make any concrete decisions (like the wedding date and location), we have decided on a theme. PEACOCK!

Besides having an awesome color palette that Brady and I both love, the peacock has held symbolic importance in cultures for centuries. As I learned in Rome, the peacock was once the sign of immortality. Peacocks have a very long life span. In ancient times, these exotic birds often outlived humans, when life expectancy was very low. Peacocks were used in art to represent immortality. Brady and I are choosing this to symbolize our immortal love.

So let's get down to the colors. Navy/cerulean blue, teal, purple with an accent of green. Ever since I saw Monsoon Wedding as a teenager, I have always admired Indian weddings for their celebration of colors. I feel this plethora of colors fits our personalities and yet will not look crazy since it is a combination found in nature.

5 comments:

  1. The plumage on that peacock is gorgeous! But on your wedding's note, I really like this theme :) something very unique! Will this continue with the guest gifts? Like a peacock feather/quill/pen? I figure something I can do while in Nashville is offer ideas, while completely understanding if you hate them. Post something about your ideas on bridesmaid dresses soon! You can think about that too. :)

    PS This is Erin. I have noidea how my name is sparrow 1. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making an account to post! I don't know why it makes you do that, I'll see if I can turn that setting off or if that's mandatory.

    I haven't thought as far as the favors yet, but I bet we could do something crafty with the peacock thing. I want to look into renting a photo booth for the reception. Your guests take pictures and stick half of the photos in the guest book and the other half they take home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahaha :D Oh big sis you make me smile lol

    Already with your blog and what not ;)


    I was maid of honor for my best friend, so if you need any help just let me know!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah,

    I vote for #2 or #3. These are dresses that could be worn again for another event. I also love the colors of those! Just my 2 cents.

    Love,
    Aunt Katheryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I apologize in advance if this comment shows up five thousand times...

    Love the peacock colors! You could make some super snazzy centerpieces with feathers!

    -Cara

    ReplyDelete