Sunday, June 26, 2011

Wedding Dress!


FOUND IT!

Just kidding. But to start off my wedding dress search, I tried on my mother's wedding dress from 1982. It actually fit pretty perfectly, it was just super long. Krista, my maid of honor, and Lauren, my cousin were meeting at my house to accompany my mom and I on our dress search. I answered the door in this dress. I wish I took pictures of their faces. 

So after I made a quick wardrobe change, we set off for three different bridal appointments. The first stop was at Weddings by Debbie. It's about 5 minutes away from my house on the Katy Freeway. It was a huge bridal salon. I had a helpful consultant and I tried on six different gowns. I liked two of them. 

We stopped for lunch before continuing to the second appointment at Parvani Vida. It's a smaller store off of Highway 6. Here we had more success. I found three dresses that I really loved. Two were by the designer Casablanca and one was by a designer called Symphony. 

My mom, Lauren, and I continued to our last stop, Houston Bridal Gallery. It's also on the Katy Freeway, but  closer to Memorial than Katy. It was the smallest store of the three. We found two dresses that are so so gorgeous, both by Justin Alexander. 

It was a really awesome experience. Now I have to make the tough decision of which one I want! I have 5 favorites, although I keep on thinking about three in particular. All of them are within my budget (so don't let those snooty Klienfeld's consultants from Say Yes to the Dress make you think you have to spend $5,000 on a wedding dress).

Although trying on wedding dresses is more tiring than you would think, I still really enjoyed it. Everyone was complimenting me, telling me I have a tiny waist, or that I have the perfect body for bridal (my height paying off for once!). Now I have to go back to my real life of teaching pre-school, changing diapers, and being normal. 

2 comments:

  1. for a second there I was thinking...."What if Brady sees the picture?!?!"...then I kept reading. =p Good luck Choosing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to see which one you chose! Send me some pics, twin. I'd love to see! :)

    ReplyDelete