Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ceremony Details

I found my DJ! He has nine years of experience and has done weddings at Hollytree Country Club before. I also managed to snag my friend and one of my TBS sisters, Amanda of Stressed Desserts to do our wedding cake! I am so excited about that. EVERYTHING she makes tastes awesome. That's my first priority in a wedding cake - taste. So many of them look awesome and then taste terrible to mediocre. 

Yesterday Brady and I went to our first pre-marital counseling session. We both learned a lot and enjoyed it. In addition to talking about our relationship, we went over some of the ceremony details. One of the ceremony options was to serve communion to our guests. I thought that was really cool. I would obviously be the one holding the bread, since the grape juice needs to stay away from my dress. But serving the communion would be a nice way to pay tribute to God and also a cool way to see all of our guests. We have not decided officially yet.  The communion table for all Methodist churches is an open table. That means you can be any denomination of Christian to partake. Ultimately the decision is ours to make, but we were also wondering what everyone else thought.

1 comment:

  1. I would LOVE to be apart of communion with you guys. For sure.

    ReplyDelete