Monday, October 3, 2011

Bridesmaid Dresses & Save the Dates

It's been a while since my last post! The first six weeks of my school year are all ready over! It has slowed my wedding planning considerably.

Since last time I have booked a DJ. He has experience with my reception venue. I gave him a lengthy phone interview to make sure he was legit. So that's out of the way. The church is officially reserved for us. We had to be put on a waiting list since we are not members of that particular church. They said if no member wanted it for that date then we could have it. We got the all clear September 10th. Now all I have left to do is to book a florist. I found one in Kilgore that was recommended to me, I just need to contact them.

We finally picked out a bridesmaid dress! It's a tea length cocktail dress with two straps. It has a ribbon on the waist. Its color is "Horizon Blue" on David's Bridal. The dress has pockets, so that was a huge selling point with my bridesmaids.

I went ahead and ordered my Save the Dates. I decided to get them printed out on photo cards - a super cheap option. They were like 35 cents a piece. I have some magnet tape (magnets you can stick to things).  I am planning on making all of the photo cards magnetic. The magnetic tape costs about five dollars at Hobby Lobby and will cover all of my Save the Dates. It is soooo much cheaper than ordering actual magnets which would have cost me around $2.50 a piece. Sometimes it pays to be crafty.

No comments:

Post a Comment