Saturday, April 30, 2011

Table Decor Sketches

I was in an artsy mood today and decided to break out my prismacolor pencils from high school. I was having trouble explaining exactly what I envisioned for the reception decor. Now I'm decent for an amateur artist, so you'll have to bear with me on these sketches. I didn't have the exact shades of colors that I needed, so use your imagination.
Here is a close up of the flower arrangements. I want a super tall and skinny vase so my guests can see and talk to each other across the table. A peacock feather could be attached to the outside of the vase. Inside will be a mixture of white peonies, green spider mums, and blue hydrangeas.
I didn't have the colors I wanted, so use your imagination. I want the table cloth to be cerulean blue, the color of the font. I want the table runner to be celery green. The tea light candles will be a light teal.
This is a quick sketch of the place setting. I want a menu on each plate describing what the guests are eating. My cousin, Clark, had some at his wedding and I really liked them. Another peacock feather will accompany each guests' menu.

So those are my ideas. What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. You know, I just thought about how the symbol for Love Street Light Circus is a peacock. I could ask Jonathan if he still has the sketch he designed for their flyers/shirts if you want that copied to your menus. He could totally make those for you since that's his job.
    *Krista

    P.S.- If you wedding date is moved up to Sept. we shoudl probably have your shower in June when Erin is in town. What do you want to do for that? Can you make a blog of your expectations/desires for that event so we can all see it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! Have you found your feathers yet? You may want to try a party supply store (I went to Arne's off of Studemont for all the pearls for my wedding.)

    If you can find vases on sale, they're about the same as renting, plus I feel that rental companies didn't have the variety of vases to chooses from. I got mine after a search of many garden ridges, but you can always buy one and kind of experiment. That's what I did.

    Remember to save your receipts! Keep them in a special wallet or pendaflex and keep it in your purse. Overbuy before the wedding, try things out on your own, and have the receipts ready for returns after the wedding, even if you pawn that off on someone else to do after the wedding. It worked great and gave me the opprtunity to try things out at home instead of having to specifically visualize everything in my head.

    ReplyDelete