Sunday, April 3, 2011

Nacogdoches Venue?


IF IF IF we get married in Nacogdoches, this is our home church. Perrite Memorial United Methodist.



My mom and I took a short trip up to Nacogdoches to look at venues. On our way up to Nacogdoches, we slowly eliminated venue by venue until we were left with the Pine Creek Country Inn. It's a hotel in the woods by Lake Nacogdoches. We could not see the location until Sunday because they had a wedding there on Saturday. The wedding decor and mess was still left over when we swung by after church.


I wouldn't do the whole peach theme, but that can be changed.


It has a back patio connecting to the reception room. This couple opted to hold the ceremony here.

So this is one of the best options for Nacogdoches. I am not a fan of Fredonia Hotel, in case any of yall were about to suggest it. It's all right, but I think this place has more personality. 

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this venue at a 7. It has the qualities we are looking for: space, full bar, multiple rooms for a cocktail hour, outdoor and dance space. 

The drawback is that the reception room is a little dated looking. I am sure that with all powers combined we could totally transform it with curtains and lighting.

6 comments:

  1. Uh yeah we can! It's cute :) So I'm guessing you'll also look at houston venues?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! We are also trying to sort through the Houston venues. It's hard because there are SO many more options in Houston!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I coordinated by second TBS/KKPSI formal here =) The management is very friendly and I agree some parts of it are dated BUT as far as a DIY factor...there is a lot of potential here =)

    - Amanda S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes yes I agree that lighting can make all the difference, especially if your reception is after dark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My old roommate Amanda Hoke got married there one summer! It was a wonderful place for an East Texas wedding!

    ReplyDelete