Sunday, April 24, 2011

Venues Venues Venues - Safari Texas Ranch in Richmond

Brady came to visit me for the long Easter weekend. We managed to squeeze in an appointment to look at venues between sailing, Easter egg hunts, eating, and visiting family. We went to see Safari Texas Ranch in Richmond, Texas. It's about a 30 minute drive from my house in Katy.

We toured this sprawling ranch's facility and liked the Safari Room. It is paired with an outdoor gazebo overlooking a lake and real wild life. There were deer and zebras on the other side of the lake.

The indoor area is pretty country. It matches Brady's style and I think the decor would match my style. I would add a bunch of Asian paper lanterns at different heights to create visual interest.

So this facility was nice, reasonably priced, and it was all ready booked for March 10, 2012. March 3rd was open, but the problem is we can't book anything till we both know where we'll be living next year. It's frustrating. But at least we managed to find some reasonably priced venues.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great option, and it looks like you've found a way to incorporate both of your styles! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin had her graduation party there; it's really nice and I think it suites you both well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you be getting married in the gazebo? You know how much I love outdoor weddings. :) That does sound like it would make Brady happy, which is a good compromise since it's far from his family.
    *Krista

    ReplyDelete