Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Invites! How Fancy.

We got so much done this weekend!!

My mother came up for a visit as well so not only is my house still clean, we visited the wedding coordinator, reception coordinator, and the photographer. We also managed to select some awesome invitations.

First stop was the wedding coordinator. This was a very nice lady from Marvin United Methodist Church. She is in charge of all of the ceremony details - which reminds me! One of the rules for the ceremony is absolutely no flash photography! At first I didn't see the big deal about it, but now that I think about it, I am relieved. The Methodists believe that the wedding ceremony is sacred and that no one should be distracted from the vows in any way. So take your pictures at the reception please. We'll still look cute. Plus my photographer will take a ton from the back pew with no flash (technology can do that now!). She will upload them to facebook so you can stalk them out on there. That was a long rabbit trail. Back to the wedding coordinator. She was a nice lady that invited us to her huge house in Tyler since the church was closed on Saturday. We went over family names, bridal party names, church music, church program, and even which cleaners to trust in Tyler. After over an hour of discussing anything and everything pertaining to the ceremony, we headed over to Hollytree Country Club.

Hollytree is a mere five minutes away from the church. There are only three turns so I hope no one manages to get lost. We met with our reception coordinator and talked over menus and bar packages. For the bar we are thinking of doing an open bar for cocktail hour and then open bar beer and wine only for the remainder of the evening. We don't want anyone to act a fool or drive home when they shouldn't. That's the plan for now anyway. We haven't done our tasting yet, so I don't know what the menu will be. We are thinking of a plated sit down dinner (hate balancing plates trying not to get food on my dress at buffets) with a dual choice entree. We also went over small details like where the candy bar will be - yes get excited about that, moving the dance floor to the middle of the tables, which chairs to use, and that sort of thing.

We had some time to kill in between appointments so we grabbed lunch and walked around the Tyler Mall. Which was a madhouse. We then met with our photographer, Brynne Owen. She is a photographer used to working with children, weddings, and likes using natural light. All perfect things. Plus she will upload some pics to facebook after my wedding so I can change my profile pic before I leave for my honeymoon!! It's the little things in life that make us happy, isn't it?

Don't think I ever blogged about the honeymoon plans yet. Our plan is to leave the day after, drive to Galveston and hop on Carnival Cruise lines for a 7 day cruise to the Caribbean. We are parasailing in Key West and horse back swimming/riding in the Bahamas. I am slightly looking forward to this more than the wedding just because it will be more relaxing. Don't get me wrong, I am really really excited about this wedding!

And lastly my mom found these gorgeous invitations from India! The peacock is also the national bird of India. Not to mention they have fabulous weddings over there. So naturally they have the best (and cheapest) peacock wedding invitations. They even have a youtube video for each wedding invite!!!! So helpful since most sites only offer a picture. It's hard to judge the quality and size by just a picture. Go to http://youtu.be/y1130U8MpEo if you want to take a look. These invitations would cost AT LEAST $7 per invite in the states but they're only $2 per invite since they are made in India. I love everything about this invitation.

I think that is about it! Less than 3 months till the big day!

1 comment:

  1. I never got my save the date, just so you know. Obviously it doesn't matter since I know the date, but I would like to see what they look like. I had a nightmare about the bachelorette party last week. :/ I dreamt that only 1 person showed up and it was a catastrophe. This wedding haunts me in my sleep, too, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete